How to Make a Complaint
Here at MK Car Finance we sincerely hope that you have no reason to complain about any of the services that we provide. If you do feel that you need to make a complaint then we would like to make it as easy as possible for you to do so. Please see the guide below which will help you through our complaints policy and procedure.
The easiest way to make us aware of your complaint is to call us on 03335 775533 Monday to Friday, between 10am to 7pm, standard landline charges apply.
Alternatively you can:
- Email us: email@example.com
- Write to: Complaints, MK Car Finance, The Old Courthouse, 20 Simpson Rd, Fenny Stratford, Milton Keynes, MK2 2DD
What We Will do About Your Complaint
We will respond to your complaint within 5 days in writing, this response will include details of who is dealing with your complaint. We will then formally respond to your complaint within 4 weeks. Our final response to you will be within 8 weeks.
How do I Contact You Regarding an Ongoing Complaint
If you have further information to add to your complaint or would like an update then the easiest way is to call us on 03335 775533 Monday to Friday, between 10am to 7pm, standard landline charges apply. It would be an assistance to us, but not necessary, if you could provide us with details of whom is dealing with your complaint, as detailed in our original reply.
You may also obtain an update on your complaint by:
- Emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Writing to: Complaints, MK Car Finance, The Old Courthouse, 20 Simpson Rd, Fenny Stratford, Milton Keynes, MK2 2DD
Using a Solicitor or Third Party to Assist With Your Complaint
If you employ a solicitor or third party such as a financial advisor to assist with your complaint it will not affect the way your complaint is handled.
- MK Car Finance will not charge you to make a complaint
- MK Car Finance is not liable for any fees or charges that are levied by any third party you choose to instruct to assist you with your complaint
- If your complaint is successful and we make a redress payment, we will normally only make this payment directly to you and not to a third party
The Financial Ombudsman Service
Should you feel dissatisfied with our final response you can refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service within 6 months of our final response to your complaint.
If we have not issued you with a final response within eight (8) weeks, you have the right to have your complaint dealt with by the Financial Ombudsman Service (“FOS”)
- Calling: 0800 0 234 567 (free from fixed lines) or 0300 123 9 123 (free for mobile users who pay a monthly charge for calls to numbers starting 01 or 02).
- Emailing: email@example.com
- Writing to: Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR
Consumer Credit Trade Association
If you feel our final response unsatisfactory, then you may also submit your complaint for conciliation to our Trade Association, the Consumer Credit Trade Association (“CCTA”) by calling them on 01274 714959 or writing to them at the Chief Executive, Consumer Credit Trade Association, Airedale House, Aire Valley Business Park, Dowley Gap Lane, Bingley, West Yorkshire, BD16 1WA.
Your right to complain to FOS is independent of your right to take your complaint to the CCTA. You are not required to approach the CCTA before FOS.