Who we are:
This site is owned and operated by MK Finance Group, a firm registered in England and Wales (Company number 06376027). Its Registered Office is The Old Courthouse, 20 Simpson Road, Fenny Stratford, Milton Keynes, MK2 2DD.
MK Finance Group is directly authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Our Firm Reference number is 666832.
Any information that you provide on this website is controlled by MK Finance Group which is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office in the United Kingdom under reference: ZA028171. MK Finance Group is licensed to hold and process personal data on behalf of our customers.
MK Finance Group understands how important your privacy is and we have implemented measures which will ensure any personal data that is obtained from you will be processed and maintained in line with accepted principles of good information handling and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018.
Contained within this Privacy Notice, and set out below, are details of the type of information that we at MK Finance Group may hold about you, our customer, how we obtain and process any information we may have and, most importantly, how we will protect your privacy.
By submitting Your Information to MK Finance Group you are consenting to the processing of Your Information by Us in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Who is the Data Controller?
Any information that you provide on this website is controlled by MK Finance Group which is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office in the United Kingdom under reference: ZA028171.
If you have any queries about the information we hold about you, please email Compliance@mkfinancegroup.co.uk or call us on 03335 775533. Calls to this number are normally charged at local rate if ringing from a fixed line phone – charges may apply if you call from a mobile telephone.
What information we will collect:
You are free to access and browse our website at your convenience and you do not have to provide any personal information/data. We may collect and process the following information about you (Your Information):
- Information that you provide when you visit an MK Finance Group website, use our online services, complete an application form or request a call back via an MK Finance Group website.
- Information that you provide to our affiliates where you have consented to that information being passed to us.
- Information you provide to us when you contact us by email or SMS.
- Information that we collect about you from documents that are available to the public, such as the electoral register, or from third parties such as credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies.
- Information you provide if you report a problem with an MK Finance Group website or if you contact us and request assistance when using an MK Finance Group website.
- Details of your visits to and MK Finance Group website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may also receive personal information from third parties, which enables us to contact potential customers, who have expressed interest in our services.
Any information/data obtained from third parties is checked for accuracy and we will endeavour to check your information with you. The Data Protection Act 2018 requires MK Finance Group and all organisations to maintain records of processing activities and the legal bases for processing such data. MK Finance Group constantly reviews the data we hold about you, where this came from, how long we hold it and the legal basis for processing.
How we use your Information:
We use Your Information in the following ways:
- To contact you via email, only if the appropriate express consent to do so has been obtained from You. You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted by us for marketing purposes you can unsubscribe from any of the emails we send to you;
- to contact you and any person referred to by you in connection with your application or enquiry;
- to pass your personal application details to third party lenders for the arrangement of finance via electronic communication, as part of the finance application process;
- to process and respond to requests, enquiries and complaints received from you;
- to identify a lender and arrange for the provision of car finance requested by you;
- to update Our records;
- to analyse trends and profiles and carry out assessment and analysis (including credit and/or behaviour scoring, market and product analysis);
- for audit purposes;
- to carry out customer satisfaction research;
- to prevent or detect fraud;
- to meet Our regulatory compliance and reporting obligations
- to ensure that content from an MK Finance Group website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- to develop and improve Our services to you.
Credit Reference Agencies (CRAs)
- When this type of check is made a footprint will appear on your credit file, this can be seen by other lenders. CRAs provide us with shared credit information, fraud prevention information and public information; this information will include the electoral register.
You may contact any or all the credit reference agencies (CRA’s) directly.
If you choose to contact a CRA, please bear in mind that the information held may not be the same so it may be useful to contact all CRAs.
We have provided below contact details for the CRAs:
- Equifax Plc, Credit File Advice Centre, PO Box 3001, Bradford, BD1 5US, Tel number 0870 010 0583, www.equifax.co.uk
- Experian, Consumer Help Service, PO Box 8000, Nottingham, NG80 7WF, 0844 4818000, www.experian.co.uk
- CallCredit, Consumer Services Team, PO Box 491, Leeds, LS3 1WZ, 0870 060141
Information sent to CRAs:
- Information received by CRAs will be recorded by them. If after an application via us you take out a finance agreement, the activity and details of management of your account will be passed onto them by the lender. In the event that you take out a finance agreement and fail to repay back the full funds required this will also be recorded with the CRA. In this case information may be passed onto other companies by CRAs and FPAs in order to locate and trace you in order to recover any outstanding debts. We must warn you that if this does occur then this will remain on your record for 6 years once a case has been closed by either settlement or default.
Fraud Prevention Agencies (FPAs)
- When our lenders assess your application they may also check your identity in order to prevent fraud and crime; this includes money laundering. This information will then be used to ascertain whether to offer any future credit that may be available. As we and our lenders have regulatory obligations to comply with responsible lending, FPAs and CRAs assist us and our lenders in doing so.
Further information on fraud prevention agencies can be obtained from our Compliance Manager at Compliance@mkfinancegroup.co.uk
Inaccurate information provided by you:
- False or inaccurate information if given by yourself will be brought to the attention of FPAs or other relevant companies who deal in fraud/crime prevention. The same applies if we or our lenders suspect fraud or false or inaccurate information has been supplied. Any reported instances may also be accessed by law enforcement agencies i.e. HMRC, regulatory bodies or the police, for use to prevent any possible fraud and money laundering for the following:
- Managing credit and credit related accounts or facilities
- Recovering debt
- Checking details on proposals and claims for all types of insurance
- Checking details of job applicants and employees
Information recorded outside the UK:
- Our lenders may use and get access to information outside of the UK that has been recorded and reported by fraud prevention agencies.
Are Children Allowed to Use MK Finance Group websites?
MK Finance Group doesn’t sell or discuss finance agreements with children. If you’re under 18, you may not use any MK Finance Group websites for the purpose of making a finance application. MK Finance Group has processes and mechanisms in place to verify the age of users.
Do we share Your Information with third parties?
We may share Your Information with third parties in the following ways:
- We sometimes use service providers to process Your Information on Our behalf. For example, we may use third parties to maintain Our IT systems. Where we use agents and service providers to process Your Information, We will ensure that they have adequate security measures in place to safeguard Your Information.
- We will release your personal information when we are required to do so for legal or regulatory purposes or as part of legal proceedings.
- Your Information may be passed to credit reference, fraud prevention, law enforcement agencies and identity and address verification agencies whom may record and use Your Information and disclose it to other organisations for credit reference, debt tracing, fraud and money laundering prevention purposes.
- We may transfer Your Information to potential lenders for the purposes of seeking or arranging finance for you, assessing your application and processing, administering and enforcing any subsequent finance agreement which may be granted. The potential lenders and third parties may share information with us in relation to your application and in accordance with their Terms and Conditions.
- You confirm you have the consent of any other person whose details are provided by you in connection with your application or enquiry to provide that person’s Information to us and for us to use that person’s Information for the processing of any application that you may submit as a joint application.
Where we store your Information:
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers.
Unfortunately, transmissions of information via the internet are not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect Your Information, We cannot guarantee the security of Your Information when it is transmitted to any MK Finance Group website, any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your Information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
If you choose not to accept cookies on any MK Finance Group websites this may affect the quality of your future visits to any MK Finance Group websites.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
Cookie More Information
- bing.com – Bing is a search engine owned by Microsoft which carries adverts.
- facebook.com – We buy advertising space on facebook and this cookie helps us track traffic and conversions from the adverts we place. This conversion tracking helps us optimise our advertising campaign. None of your data is exported or sold to third parties for any reason.google.com & google-analytics.com – We also buy advertising space on this search engine and this cookie helps us track the traffic from the adverts we place.
- Google.com and Google-Analytics is a tool we use internally to monitor website usage.
For more information on cookies (including how to switch them off) please visit www.allaboutcookies.org
You have the right to ask us not to contact you for marketing purposes either by unsubscribing from any emails you receive or by contacting us by post at MK Finance Group, The Old Courthouse, 20 Simpson Road, Fenny Stratford, Milton Keynes, MK2 2DD or by calling us on 03335 775533. Calls to this number are normally charged at local rate ringing from a “fixed line” phone – charges may apply if you call from a mobile telephone.
You also have the right to access Your Information and request details of the third parties with whom we have shared Your Information with by contacting Us in writing at MK Finance Group, The Old Courthouse, 20 Simpson Road, Fenny Stratford, Milton Keynes, MK2 2DD. We do not charge a fee for this service in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018.
You may correct errors in, or update Your Information, or request that we remove information about you from our records by sending us a request to the postal address or email Compliance@mkfinancegroup.co.uk .In most cases we will comply promptly with your request and let you know when we have done so. However, sometimes we will not be legally obliged to comply with your request. If this is the case we will inform you of our decision and the reasons for that decision.
To protect your privacy and the security of Your Information, We are required to take reasonable steps to verify your identity before we act on any request which you may make in respect of Your Information.
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 you have the right to request the following;
- right to be informed;
- right of access;
- right to rectification;
- right to erasure;
- right to restrict processing;
- right to data portability;
- right to object; and
- right not to be subject to automated decision making and profiling.
MK Finance Group may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we cannot accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
You have the right to know who has access to your data, what it is being used for, where it’s kept, and everything about the ‘journey’ your information goes on. Previously, we would charge a £10 fee for this service. We will now provide this service free of charge and all information relevant to you will be released upon request within one month of your request being received.
Notification of Breach
MK Finance Group will inform you at the first sign of a data breach. In compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018 we want to make sure we are being completely transparent with you regarding your data and the security of your data. We will contact you via email or phone, to inform you of any suspicious activity.
Within our company we have a designated DPO (Data Protection Officer) Alistair Kirk (Compliance Manager), their contact details are as follows: Email: Compliance@mkfinancegroup.co.uk
If you have any issues or queries regarding your data being held, please contact us via email or call us on 03335 775533.
How long do we keep your information for?
The amount of time we hold your information for depends on the basis it was provided by you to us;
- If you request that we do not contact you for marketing reasons, then we will remove your details from the marketing emails. We are still legally required to keep your information.
- Information you may enter via our website will be kept for a minimum of 6 years which will commence at the end of the relationship. We are required to do this to ensure that if any disputes or complaints are raised, then we have your information to enable us to address the complaints or disputes.
- In order to provide you with a service we will be required to keep your information whilst we continue to provide you with a service for however long this may take us.
- In order comply with our obligations under UK & EU law.
- Your data will not be used for marketing purposes where it is not considered reasonable to do so, after the date you have provided consent.
Rights to be forgotten
You have the right to request all information to be removed. We will suppress and remove all data held, upon request. Our marketing partner will immediately be informed of the request to be removed and will follow the same actions. We will however keep the communication of the request to be removed for future reference. It is kept so that MK Finance Group meets its compliance obligations under the Data Protection Act 2018. All other information will be removed in accordance with your rights to be forgotten.
MK Finance Group may choose to amend the content of this privacy notice on occasion. If this occurs then we will update the notice and the revised notice will be posted on this website, please be aware that this privacy notice was last updated on the 6th of June 2018.
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. Please ensure that you check our Privacy Notice regularly for updates.
How you can contact us:
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at: The Old Courthouse, 20 Simpson Rd, Fenny Stratford, Milton Keynes, MK2 2DD